In this Privacy Statement, “Personal Data” shall mean any information about an individual who can be identified from that information or from that information and other information to which we are likely to have access, including without limitation, information such as name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card details and any other personal information.
Agreement to Terms
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. Upon completing the forms on shakeshack.com.sg (the “Website”) and pressing the “submit” button, it indicates that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement and agreed to the manner in which your Personal Data will be collected and used as provided in this Privacy Statement. You further agree and consent to the provision of such information voluntarily. You may wish to note that you may not be able to use some of the features on the Website unless you voluntarily register with us.
Use the Website
By visiting the Website, you agree to the practices described in this Privacy Statement. On occasion, it may be necessary for us to change the terms of this Privacy Statement. We will do so by posting updated text on this site, and your continued use of the Website shall be taken as your consent to any changes to this Privacy Statement. To ensure that you are aware of current privacy practices, we recommend that you check the Website periodically. We will not materially change how we handle previously collected information without providing you with notice and an opportunity to choose how we use that information.
Collection of Personal Data and its Purposes
When you submit forms on the Website, you may have to provide us with your Personal Data. You agree and understand that any and all of the Personal Data you provided us with will be collected and used as follows:
• for the verification of your identity and our records;
• for analysis and for comparison with other individuals’ Personal Data in order to develop our products, services, and/or market promotion programs;
• for sending you notifications in relation to any ongoing offers and promotions of food and beverage and catering services provided by us, our affiliated companies and/or business partners in any joint promotions;
• for storing your contact details;
• for generating surveys on user traffic on the Website;
• for fulfilling any prizes, awards and purchases;
• for responding to specific requests or inquiries from you or any other visitors to our Website;
• for providing any necessary notices to you;
• for conducting marketing research; and
• for protecting the security or integrity of our Website.
On giving reasonable notice to us, you may at any time withdraw any consent that you have given or deemed to have been given with respect to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Data as stated in this Privacy Statement. We will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawal of your consent upon receipt of your notice to withdraw consent. After a reasonable period for the withdrawal process to take place, your Personal Data will no longer be collected, used or disclosed by us to the extent of your withdrawn consent.
To opt out of email communications that we may send from time to time, please follow the instructions in the email.
Retention, Storage and Disclosure of Personal Data
You acknowledge, agree and authorise us to retain, store and/or disclose the Personal Data you have provided or will provide us with in any of our databases (located within Singapore), and to allow the access and transfer of such Personal Data to:
• any employee of ours who is authorised to handle such Personal Data for the purposes for which such Personal Data is collected;
• any contractor or agent which provides administrative, telecommunication, computer, payment, insurance, professional or other services to use and is engaged by us for the purposes which such Personal Data is collected or relevant to her purposes which such Personal Data is collected;
• any company related to us for the purpose of processing of orders, responding to feedback, conduct marketing research and analysis, fulfilment of prizes, awards and purchases; and to send you offers, promotions, marketing information, discounts, information about new product offerings or information on products or services that we consider will be of interest to you by phone, SMS, mail, and/or email. Any use of this information by these companies shall comply with this Privacy Statement;
• any agents, vendors, service providers or other unrelated companies that we may have engaged to perform a variety of functions, such as, processing and fulfilling orders, assisting with promotions, providing technical services for the Website, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing customer service. These companies may have access to your Personal Data if needed to perform such functions. However, these companies may only use such Personal Data for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose;
• any person we are required to make disclosure to in accordance to the requirements of applicable laws, administrative policies or regulations; and/or
• any person who reasonably requires us to make disclosure in order that we can implement the purposes listed in this Privacy Statement.
You agree that we may disclose your Personal Data in the following circumstances
• to protect our rights, properties or interests and that or our affiliated companies, employees, agents, customers and users,
• insofar as such disclosure is in compliance with the relevant laws and the terms of this Privacy Statement.
We have not and will not sell your Personal Data. We also will not provide, disclose, allow access and transfer your Personal Data to any third party other than as provided in this Privacy Statement.
Unless and until you withdraw your consent, and provide us with notice of such consent, we will continue to retain your Personal Data after you have provided it to us.
Because of the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the security on any transfer of Personal Data. However, we will take all practical and feasible measures to ensure that any Personal Data collected by the Website will not be intercepted or authorised by any third party without your consent.
Collection of Non-Personal Data
Please use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive a cookie or if you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Website.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other external websites that are not maintained by us. We neither endorse nor accept responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites, and shall not be liable for any damages, loss, or unauthorised collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data from access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk. Please refer to those websites’ own privacy policies to learn how they collect and use personal information.
We understand the importance of privacy to visitors and users of the Website. We are especially committed to protect the privacy of children who visit or use the Website. We do not intend to collect Personal Data from any children under the age of 18. To respect the privacy of children, any person under the age of 18 should not provide any Personal Data on the Website. We ask that parents monitor their children when they browse the Website.
If you wish to contact us for matters regarding to this Privacy Statement, please send your written request to the following address:
Shake Shack Singapore Jewel Pte Ltd
89 Neil Road #01-01